We are at Jireh Children Center! What a trip and what a wonderful place.
We made the final leg from Nairobi to Kampala and then the “3 hour” bus ride to the Garden Courts Hotel and the accommodations are very nice. The food was delicious and the rooms were very comfortable. Last night even though we were blurry eyed we practiced our songs and got a good nights rest even with the Prayer Calls going out and some discos with the music going loud. Some of us had our first experience with mosquito nets and cold showers but we are on an adventure right?
This morning we took the short bus ride out to Jireh and the children are so excited to see us. Some of our friends from our last trip are still here including Joseph who helped me build rabbit cages last time as well as Herbert the artist. We had a quick spot of tea and now the group is touring the facility and meeting all the children.
More to come later!
2 Comments »
Leave a Reply
- School Vouchers In TN-Are we any closer & who can use them?
- No. 5 Middle School in Suzhou, China looking for its Christian roots and why an American teacher would come to their city 120 years ago.
- Why was I in China? I think there are several reasons but there is one significant one – here it is:
- Back in USA but only for a short time. Sorry for the lack of posts but internet was not very reliable while in China & would not post from blogs or Facebook. More to come.
- In Nanjing and doing well. Visited primary school yesterday and toured the city.
- They say we are leaving.
- 40 mins late and the snow is getting heavier.
- Ok so much for exit row. Half an exit row & Michael Strahans twin next door.
- Winter wonderland starting in New York
- First leg underway! Way to early.
- Boarded in Charlotte- can we say full flight?
- Departing in the morning for China. Life long dream coming true. Here’s why: