We are at Jireh Children Center! What a trip and what a wonderful place.
We made the final leg from Nairobi to Kampala and then the “3 hour” bus ride to the Garden Courts Hotel and the accommodations are very nice. The food was delicious and the rooms were very comfortable. Last night even though we were blurry eyed we practiced our songs and got a good nights rest even with the Prayer Calls going out and some discos with the music going loud. Some of us had our first experience with mosquito nets and cold showers but we are on an adventure right?
This morning we took the short bus ride out to Jireh and the children are so excited to see us. Some of our friends from our last trip are still here including Joseph who helped me build rabbit cages last time as well as Herbert the artist. We had a quick spot of tea and now the group is touring the facility and meeting all the children.
More to come later!
2 Comments »
- FCA training for Music City 1/2 Marathon Begins!
- On the train headed to Zurich from Salzburg.
- “The Hills Are Alive With the Sound of Music.”
- Dachau-a visit to horror past. Moving experience & prompting questions.
- Tour of Disney inspired castle, Mad King Ludwig of Bavaria & other sites of Munich
- We made it to Munich & Pension Lindner
- Can you sleep on an international overnight flight? Here’s what I do.
- A long walk home as a 3rd grader in Waco, TX. 50 yrs ago today.
- On our way! Early flight to NY & then on to Munich, Germany
- AdvancED (SACS) Accreditation Conference
- A hike in the Grand Tetons is well… Grand! Cascade Canyon was spectacular.
- 9 Mile Hike to Fairy Falls and a visit to the Grand Prismatic Spring. It was HOT!