Work is moving along @ Jireh! Dental & Medical Clinic going well & construction on teachers quarters.
Yesterday was a great time with students and we all went back to the hotel very tired. Today there has been good progress on the teachers quarters. We are re-building the roof and extending walls to provide privacy for 4 living quarters. Sawing African style is quite the experience. We purchased building materials yesterday and had them delivered up the hill to Jireh. Mixing mortar & completing the framing for the new rafter system will be completed today.
Dr. Ames has seen over 152 children now making a much-needed assessment of the oral health and hygiene of the students. At current count he is going to need to make over 15 extractions. Dr. Boyd has been working on multiple skin cases and have helping with their overall medical care.
Many of the ladies on the trip have been helping with games, artwork, and lunch preparation as well as helping on construction and in the medical clinics.
Everyone is doing well and falling in love with the Jireh students, teachers, and staff. Leaving is already going to be hard to do.
1 Comment »
- FCA training for Music City 1/2 Marathon Begins!
- On the train headed to Zurich from Salzburg.
- “The Hills Are Alive With the Sound of Music.”
- Dachau-a visit to horror past. Moving experience & prompting questions.
- Tour of Disney inspired castle, Mad King Ludwig of Bavaria & other sites of Munich
- We made it to Munich & Pension Lindner
- Can you sleep on an international overnight flight? Here’s what I do.
- A long walk home as a 3rd grader in Waco, TX. 50 yrs ago today.
- On our way! Early flight to NY & then on to Munich, Germany
- AdvancED (SACS) Accreditation Conference
- A hike in the Grand Tetons is well… Grand! Cascade Canyon was spectacular.
- 9 Mile Hike to Fairy Falls and a visit to the Grand Prismatic Spring. It was HOT!