Work is moving along @ Jireh! Dental & Medical Clinic going well & construction on teachers quarters.
Yesterday was a great time with students and we all went back to the hotel very tired. Today there has been good progress on the teachers quarters. We are re-building the roof and extending walls to provide privacy for 4 living quarters. Sawing African style is quite the experience. We purchased building materials yesterday and had them delivered up the hill to Jireh. Mixing mortar & completing the framing for the new rafter system will be completed today.
Dr. Ames has seen over 152 children now making a much-needed assessment of the oral health and hygiene of the students. At current count he is going to need to make over 15 extractions. Dr. Boyd has been working on multiple skin cases and have helping with their overall medical care.
Many of the ladies on the trip have been helping with games, artwork, and lunch preparation as well as helping on construction and in the medical clinics.
Everyone is doing well and falling in love with the Jireh students, teachers, and staff. Leaving is already going to be hard to do.
1 Comment »
Leave a Reply
- School Vouchers In TN-Are we any closer & who can use them?
- No. 5 Middle School in Suzhou, China looking for its Christian roots and why an American teacher would come to their city 120 years ago.
- Why was I in China? I think there are several reasons but there is one significant one – here it is:
- Back in USA but only for a short time. Sorry for the lack of posts but internet was not very reliable while in China & would not post from blogs or Facebook. More to come.
- In Nanjing and doing well. Visited primary school yesterday and toured the city.
- They say we are leaving.
- 40 mins late and the snow is getting heavier.
- Ok so much for exit row. Half an exit row & Michael Strahans twin next door.
- Winter wonderland starting in New York
- First leg underway! Way to early.
- Boarded in Charlotte- can we say full flight?
- Departing in the morning for China. Life long dream coming true. Here’s why: